Are your closets organized? Do you consider yourself an over-achiever? Numbers guy? Is working behind the scenes your kind of thing? Have an hour or so to spare? If so, you're exactly who the PBC needs to volunteer for one (or more!) of our committees!
We know what's in it for us, but What's in it for You? Well, you can use/expand your talents, decrease boredom, add to your resume, make new friends/connections, fulfil a community service requirement, increase those endorphins (that's what volunteering does!), or just have a good time working with a great group of people!
A little or a lot, we'll take what you've got! Let us know if you'd like to be a Super Volunteer, Regular Volunteer, Short-term Volunteer, or Micro-support Volunteer for one (or more) of the following:
Program Committee Opportunities:
- Morning Spark Event: Morning Spark events occur from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m., typically on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, once a month to accommodate those who like morning events. As a volunteer, you will work with our Director of Programs to schedule these events at member locations. We can offer a workshop component or just do networking.
- Topics@12 Event: As a volunteer, you will help to coordinate our Topics@12 events that occur from 11:45 a.m. -1 p.m., once per month at a member restaurant or business interested in hosting. Topics@12 is an informal networking event with roundtable introductions, and an opportunity for one PBC Member to spotlight his/her business. Attendees are asked to bring a prize for a raffle and will pay for their own lunch. A guest count is provided to the restaurant prior to the event.
- Chamber on Tap Event: As a volunteer, you will assist in coordinating our evening events, typically held from 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. We try to team up with other chambers or organizations so that our members are meeting new people outside of our Chamber. In the past we have partnered with Rochester Women’s Network, East Rochester Chamber, Irondequoit Chamber, Webster Chamber, Connecting Rochester.
- Smart Series Educational Workshop: As a volunteer, you will assist in the planning and coordination educational seminars. We typically aim for 4-5 per year on topics that are of interest to members (social media marketing, HR, Health Insurance in Retirement, Investing Tips, etc.). We have a list of topics that members requested on their member survey. Educational seminars can be done on Zoom or in person, some have been done at the Penfield Public Library.
- Annual Meeting: Help plan and coordinate the annual meeting which is typically held on the second Thursday in November at a venue. This is a sit down lunch (can also be buffet) and features PBC updates, Penfield Town Supervisor and Director of Special Services giving an update on economic development in Penfield and PBC Board Elections.
- Annual Holiday Party: You will help to plan and organize the holiday party, which is typically held in January. This is a dinner event where we also present the PBC Annual Awards.
Membership Committee Opportunities:
- Ambassador Program: The purpose of this program is to promote member commitment and retention by raising awareness of chamber activities and benefits to encourage meaningful participation. As a volunteer, you will be assigned to new members as their ambassador.
- Member Recruitment: Assist the Director of Membership in recruiting new PBC members.
- Business of the Month : In conjunction with the Administrative Director, coordinate the business of the month applications, winners, certificate presentation.
- Advocacy: You will assist the Director of Advocacy in advocating for business chambers including participation in efforts such as Advocacy Coalition of Rochester Area Chambers.
Finance Committee Opportunities:
- Sponsorship: Work with the Director of Finance to assist in developing the sponsorship program and securing sponsors for our chamber.
- Preferred Partner: Work with the Director of Finance to assist in developing our preferred partnership program and securing new partners for the chamber.
Marketing Committee Opportunities:
- PR: In conjunction with the Marketing Director, create press releases for the Chamber and distribute to the press.
Special Projects Committee Opportunities:
- Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting Coordinator: As a volunteer, you will assist in planning and executing ribbon cuttings for new members as requested.
- Penfield Yearly Outdoor Event: (held in June on Friday from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m., last year called Gathering on the Green) - As a volunteer, you will help to plan, coordinate, and execute our yearly outdoor event which we are seeking to hold at a park in Penfield in 2022. This event has food trucks, 30-40 vendors, music, and more.
Take the next step! Simply fill out and submit the form below. Thank you!